Who are we?
Real Vision Group is a disruptive digital financial media business based in Grand Cayman and New York. We launched Real Vision in 2014 and we have grown from 4 Founders to 80+ employees globally. We have paying subscribers in over 100 countries around the globe and they include some of the world’s most famous money managers along with students, RIA’s, investment professionals, financial service professionals and home investors.
Real Vision strives to hire and retain the best of the best, and we are seeking a highly-motivated, experienced Email Marketing Manager with a desire to grow.
Your working style:
You present solutions, not problems and you are capable of keeping up in a fast-paced start-up environment
There’s no word to describe how detail-oriented you are. You appreciate and respect that you are the final safe-guard between internal work and customer/public facing communications. There is no “editing” and email once it’s gone—you respect the finality of email marketing and the need for it to be accurate and correct before it’s deployed
You’re deadline-driven, BUT you also are capable of managing competing priorities.
You are obsessed with metrics and analytics. You notice outliers in marketing stats and averages, and can identify the causes, whether good or bad.
Where others see open rates and click-thru rates, you see below the surface, and identify trends or derivative statistics that are driving topline success or lack thereof.
You can work within a team but operate just as effectively without constant supervision. The email program will be yours to own for the most part, once you’ve demonstrated your abilities over a few weeks or months.
Duties include but aren’t limited to:
- Develop and implement email marketing campaigns (automations, nurture campaigns, segmentation, retention campaigns, analytics/reporting, email calendar…etc.)
- Own email execution and deployment, while working with key stakeholders to obtain copy, images, calls to action, click-thru URLs, and other components which make up the email message
- Develop expertise in email message hierarchy (order/sequence of key points within copy which together form a cohesive, reader-friendly experience, enabling the user to take action
- Make recommendations on campaign timing, length, sequencing and target audience
- Drive growth in both client acquisition and retention. Positively impact KPIs such as renewal rates, trial to paid subscriber conversion rates, etc.
- Track and connect email campaigns with purchases and revenue—i.e. end-to-end measurement of campaign ROI, where applicable
- Focus on optimizing campaign elements to achieve goals (drive to landing pages, increase content views, stimulate trial sign-ups, effectively communicate offers and promotions
- Build email templates and individual campaigns within ESP interfaces, and interface with VP Digital Marketing, design team and other stakeholders
- Monitor trends in digital marketing, especially email, and assimilate best practices into the email program. Be the voice of email best practices within Real Vision.
- Ensure email campaigns adequately represent the user journey, or next action(s), that we desire the reader to take, and logically sync and transition into the next step
- You use data and analytics to make compelling, persuasive email campaigns
Required Education and Experience
- Experience using HubSpot or numerous comparable ESPs.
- 3-5 years’ experience in B2C email marketing
- Fluent in email marketing terms and their applications:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to manage lists and segments within lists and database management skills
- Understanding and experience dealing with deliverability issues and improvement techniques.
- Knowledge of blacklists, SPAM laws, acceptable unsubscribe rates, etc., are critical
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Agency or start-up experience strongly preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of finance, in particular, investing, markets and economic concepts
- Strong campaign optimization skills
- Ability to develop deep analysis of email activity, beyond open rates and click-thru rates
- Strong writing skills and even stronger editing and proof-reading skills
- Experience working with survey and other research data, and incorporating useful stats and trends in email campaigns
- 2-3 years of setting up and managing automated campaigns, with moderate complexity
- 1 year or more of utilizing an AI platform which impacts email marketing programs
Benefits and Work environment:
- The role will be based in New York, in our Manhattan office with regular business hours
- The role will report to the VP of Digital Marketing, within the Marketing department
- Competitive compensation and advancement opportunities
- Working in a newly acquired, expanding New York City office near midtown
- Be an early team member of an awesome startup
- A voice – work with a management and executive team that actually listens to employee feedback and acts on it
- 20 days of vacation
- Work laptop and casual dress environment