VP, Product – Real Vision
As the Real Vision VP, Product you are the strategic driver of all product development, road-mapping and execution for the organization. You can operate at 50k feet to remain aligned with the corporate mission and executive team, but you are equally comfortable and competent at 50ft (without ever getting stuck there). As the leader of product you will be in lockstep with content and marketing strategies. In this role you will identify long-term opportunities and challenges while shepherding shorter-term projects that delight our members. You will think big picture about our business goals and how we achieve them through change and experimentation. You will use strong analytical sense to evaluate ideas and dissect problems. As the product leader, you must demonstrate a strategic approach to what matters to the business, an ability to lead through influence, and a talent for prioritizing quickly in ambiguity. You will play a crucial role, and must be comfortable in high-profile, high-pressure situations. Your approach to product must be one that is progressive and embraces the latest developments in machine learning, user experience, the attention economy and product as a driver of growth. This is not a corporate product gig so run away if that’s what you seek. We’re looking for a Rockstar not a paper pusher.
- Partner with the GM of Product to define product vision, strategy for achieving this vision and move independently to execute this vision with your team.
- Turn your team into a well-oiled machine so you’re able to trust them to execute in the same way you’re trusted to execute. You’re an A-player and you need A-players supporting you.
- Demonstrated tenacity, resilience, and leadership experience that enables you to organize and lead projects, overcome challenges, and propose solutions. We seek a highly motivated self-starter with a track-record of “figuring it out.”
- You must be an organizational boss that is able to implement and maintain effective processes that allow your team to succeed and the rest of the business to know you’ve got it all under control (i.e. not just process for the sake of process – we’re not robots).
- Be both quantitative and qualitative. You should be able to quickly assess and understand complex systems, but also have high EQ, so that you can be not only a trusted leader, but a trusted collaborator.
- Superb communication skills - You must be able to cultivate strong working relationships, communicate effectively, write meticulously, and give outstanding presentations.
- Interest in data-informed decision-making, and ability to problem-solve with and without perfect metrics.
- Experience in building and/or integrating community/social behavior into your products
- Strong grasp of product performance metrics including time-on-site as a primary driver of success (i.e. you get the attention economy and social)
- Let technology work for you – be informed of and leverage the latest developments in machine learning and artificial intelligence (e.g. GPT-3) to drive your goals and the greater goals of the business across marketing and customer engagement
- Understand all consumer personas and build product for every user journey that drives the business
- Arrive earnest, mature, and ego-free. We welcome open, candid feedback, and expect every teammate to invest in bettering themselves and the group.
- Experience managing and developing cross-platform experiences (i.e. mobile, desktop and tablet)
- Ability to evaluate and integrate external products and services
- Understand the power of embracing users to become content creators (UGC) and give them the tools to do so
- Understand online video and the role content plays in product as a tool for engagement, marketing, retention and growth
Key VP, Product Competencies
Team Builder & Delegator
Major Multi-tasker & attention to detail
Required Education and Experience
Education and experience based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. See examples below.
- Love interacting with content creatives, execs, marketers and backend engineers alike.
- Effective and supportive manager
- Have experience in a high tech / software engineering setting and can quickly get up to speed and further define the distinctive nature of our system architecture, algorithms, and overall approach to intelligent automation and personalization.
- Online entertainment experience working with media, social networking and AI.
- Have experience leading A/B testing and analysis.
- At least 7-10 years of experience as a senior level product manager leading significant cross-organizational projects.
- A college degree or equivalent background required, MBA a plus.
- Have an eye for compelling design and be able to advocate on behalf of what’s best for the member experience.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing products
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and tech to support colleagues
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude coupled with focus and follow-through
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.